Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Monday, November 22, 2010

My blessings list

I don’t think I could actually list all of my blessings—even if I were given all the time in the world.  I am sure the Lord has protected and provided for me in ways I will never know.  I am also sure that things I saw as inconveniences or even heartaches were actually blessings that I will appreciate only after all has been revealed to me.

I will still make a list and thank Him for His wonderful generosity and love.

First I am thankful for salvation.  As messed up as I am, and as I continue to choose poorly each day, His grace is sufficient.  He is bigger than my sin, Christ’s sacrifice covered me, and for that I can actually be eternally grateful!

Next I am thankful for the fact that eternal life isn’t something for the future, but it begins now.  I have access to my Creator as my adoptive Daddy, and I can crawl into His lap for anything.

I am also thankful that I was created for community, and the Lord has given in my life so many wonderful people throughout time with whom I can be in community.  The opportunities to give and receive have molded me, sanded me, smoothed me and prepared me for more.  I am thankful for His holy wisdom as he brings people in and out of my life.

I am abundantly thankful for my husband.  As I look back upon our meeting and coming together, I see supernatural intervention and protection.  We couldn’t have made it without the third entity in our marriage, knitting us together.  The holes of pain were merely paths for the thread that would ultimately pull us ever closer.

My children!  Thank you for my kids, God!!  They are perfect for me!

I am also thankful that we have our home into which we can welcome people—and no one will feel uncomfortable because of any lavishness or it being overly clean.  That is a good one, right?  I am thankful we have food, clothes, blankets, and heat.  I am thankful and humbled by our access to entertainment through electricity and games.  I am so grateful that we can homeschool! 

How wonderful to be able to adjust my schedule to accommodate blessings like snow days, visiting family, unexpected days off for Daddy…  I am blessed to be able to push beyond their grade levels to provide challenging and interesting activities.  I get to watch the struggles with learning disabilities or particularly challenging ideas.  I get to come along side and push that impossible boulder up the mountain with them.  And I get to celebrate with my whole heart when we reach the summit.

I am thankful for my past—my experiences and the people.  I am blessed to be able to use memories of both to make better decisions and respond with wisdom and compassion.

I am thankful Jesus heals.

 

How about you?

No comments: