Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Do you like Veggie Tales?

We sure do!  We have since before the kids were born, actually.  So, it should come as no surprise that my kids know most of the songs by heart.  One of our favorites is, ‘Oh, no! What We Gonna Do,’ from the story of Daniel and the Lions Den.  I searched for it at youtube, then the internet in general, and couldn’t find it.  I did find lyrics, though the melody, and later harmony, are worth finding the music.  I won’t include a link, because the sites I have found are loaded with pop-up ads.

The song begins this way:

Wisemen:
Oh no! What we gonna do?
The king likes Daniel
More than me and you
Oh, no! What we gonna do?
We gotta get him out of here.
(repeat)

So, we were playing Uno over lunch and my son’s hand was steadily dwindling.  Each time he put down a card, she would say, ‘oh no!’

When he finally declared Uno, she couldn’t seem to help but to burst into song.  This is what she sang:

Oh no! What we gonna do?
Max is gonna win
Not me and you!

She cracks me up!!  My boy did win, as it turns out, and as much as I like to win myself, I was relieved.  That girl has been wiping the floor with us for over a week!

No comments: