Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Great weather for a Day at the Park

Yesterday evening was a lot of fun!  I think about six families showed for our park day.  It was so nice to let the kids run around without a set plan and to have the time to sit and visit with adults.  Adult conversation is a hot commodity for a lot of stay-at-home moms, and I am no exception!  It is a blessing to catch up with these neat people.


I didn't get near the number of pictures I'd hoped for.  My camera is a battery eater, and I can't always keep up with its voracious demands.  I wish that I could have gotten more shots of the kids interacting. I love watching them help each other, play together, and make up games on the fly.

There were other groups of people at the park with more children.  It was fun watching how kids form instant friendships with strangers on a playground.  We were the first KidsROCKers to get there, and there was a group of five or six girls already running around the swing set.  My son was alone on the merry-go-round when they all converged on it.  Without skipping a beat, my son make a big sweeping motion and announced, 'Everyone on!  I will push!'  The girls paused in surprise and asked in one voice, 'Everyone?'  He confirmed and they piled in.  Instant friends!



Thanks, families, for coming out on such a beautiful day to eat and chat!  It was great seeing you and hearing how summer is treating you. :)



Update: Yay!  I found the batteries and got the pictures uploaded.  This park is just so beautiful.  Green and mountains and trees and loving families!

Another update:  I looked at how the blog displayed the pictures, and they are running all over the other text.  I will try another formatting formula!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Both the park day and the blog photo formatting look wonderful.

Unknown said...

Max is such a gentleman!!

KidsROCK Academy said...

Thanks!