Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Identifying the problem is half the battle, right?

For Club PALS this session we are learning about Responsibility.  One of the ways we are teaching the kids to show responsibility is to do what is expected before they are asked to do it.  We just completed the seventh of this eight week course, and I told the kids in my house this is the last week to ‘practice’ the trait before we release them as experts! 

This morning my husband almost knocked over my daughter’s left over cereal bowl.  He asked whose bowl he almost spilled.  She claimed it sheepishly and said that she didn’t put it away.  He replied that he KNEW she didn’t put it away, and that he shouldn’t have to tell her to put it away.  She said, ‘I know, I’m sorry, Daddy.  I have been very irresponsible.’

No comments: