Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Movie Day Coming Up!!

 KidsROCK Book and Movie Club

So exciting!  We are watching City of Ember tomorrow.  We finished the book, though the ending is a cliffhanger in the worst way.  I guess it is a gift that we don't have another book and movie scheduled anytime soon, so we can finish the Ember series!

My kids really enjoyed the book, and so did I!  I am looking forward to hearing impressions from the rest of the group.  The book touched on a lot of issues and I am interested to see what others thought.

Our school is designed to do lots of reading.  Our normal day requires us to sample from a minimum of 6 books.  I love this style of teaching, but book and movie with a group adds a new element.  Knowing friends are reading the same thing, understanding references and sharing a familiarity with characters adds a richness we can't duplicate on our own. 

Yesterday at Lego Club, I had to tease the boys into different topics of conversation because some had seen the movie we will watch tomorrow, and others hadn't.  But all wanted to discuss the book!  How cool is a bunch of boys sitting around building with Legos discussing literature??

No comments: