Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fun with Math

We had a two-day class about multiplication that just ended yesterday.  We made a lap book, exercised our math skills and ate some pizza!  I enjoyed seeing how all these kids at different levels, taught with different methods with different learning styles were able to come together for some mathematical fun.

I was impressed with how they all related to one another.  There was playful banter, encouragement and a surprising amount of mastery over the topic.  I am never in the other homes when math is being taught, but in my home, I am not always sure if things are really getting through.  It is heartening to see that even in a rather chaotic environment, the kids were all able to keep up!

I wish I had managed my time better, but I hope all the kids relished in the hour or so of free play.  Most often when KidsROCK has a gathering, there is an agenda.  Very rarely do the kids get to just fool around with no plan.  Well, it hadn’t been my original plan for it to work out this way, but I think it was a happy accident for the kids.

No comments: