Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy November!

Holiday time!  I just read some neat articles about making holiday traditions reflect your values.  It gave me a lot to think about.  I am big about doing things on purpose, so the idea of planning our decorations and activities to show what the holidays mean to us appeals to me.

I am constantly reminding my kids that it is the heart that counts.  Our actions matter, but only as they reveal the truth of our motives.  With that in mind, I don’t want to go overboard with planning the holidays to the point that we become bound by self-made mandates. 

Striking that healthy balance between thoughtfully choosing through the season and the freedom to be spontaneous and even occasionally frivolous is my goal.

I want to make cherished memories, enjoy good company and not waste my time with anything that would be overtaxing.  I want to be wise with our money and our days.  I want to be not so caught up in myself so I can catch opportunities to love on the people around me.  I also want to take lots of photos!! 

But most of all, I want to pause long enough to breathe in the Spirit who sustains me, comforts me and guides me.  I want to enjoy the riches of this life without being caught in the trappings of the world.

Big goals…Now, practically speaking, how to achieve them?

No comments: