Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Daddy God

I remember when my kids were little how my understanding of God the Father expanded.  My dad didn't play the role of a biblical father in my life, so I always thought my grasp of God the Father was pretty good--since I so desperately needed a daddy.

But new lights came on in my heart when my kids were born.  I came to know love in a far deeper way.  I became intimate with the feelings that come when watching someone you love unconditionally resist wise guidance and behave with destruction in his or her heart. 

My husband tells a story of our son knocking over a trash can and strewing its contents around the floor when he was two, (of course).  My husband told him no, and helped set the trash back.  My son responded immediately with a quick tug on the side, dumping everything out.  My husband slapped his hand and made him clean it up.  Without missing a beat, that boy reached for the trash again.  My husband anticipated the move and scooped him up to take him to his room.  My son screamed as though dying, wriggled from his captor and streaked over to the trash and put all his strength into a rousing kick!

How often do we fight to play in the trash?

No comments: