Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Newspaper Tour—and an Assignment

Our tour was fantastic.  One of the best ever, in my humble opinion.  And we received an assignment!  Kids interested in sending submissions is welcome to do so.

The kids have an opportunity to choose ‘what the readers need to know.’  Have your kids use pictures, drawings or words on any topic that they deem newsworthy.  The writing can cover the five Ws (Who What When Where Why) or be a short story (100 words or less).  Pictures can be candids of people or of a scene.  People in pictures need to be labeled.  When you submit the work, have the author’s name and age.

Submit to me via email or to me in person (under my doormat if I am not home) or snail mail.  The deadline for submissions is January 31. 

Happy reporting!!

No comments: