Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

God’s Perspective

Do you ever dread anything?  I do.  Big and small.  In fact, you could probably take my vitals and not be able to tell the difference when I feel apprehension over a little nothing or something of substance.  My feelings are strong either way.  I am an expert dreader. 

Just the other day, there was something I did not want to do.  But as I was preparing, I took a deep breath and said, ‘this will be done.’  God can see me AFTER the incident as clearly as he could see me in the moment preparing for the incident.  In time, each thing I dread does come to an end.  My mom’s phrase was, ‘this, too, shall pass.’

There is comfort there.  The largesse with which I view an event I dread brings to mind that melody  dunn, dunnn. DA-DUNNNN! You know, the theme from 2001 Space Odyssey?  I can hardly see anything else; I lose perspective. 

It was a real gift when God reminded me that it was already done in God’s eyes—and really, who else’s matters?

No comments: