Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

100 Days of School

Do you celebrate the hundredth day of the school year?  Have you even heard of it? I hadn’t until a few years ago and it wasn’t something I had ever done when I was a kid.  I think it primarily for the younger set so that they get an opportunity to have concrete examples of just what the number 100 represents.  When my niece attended public school, she needed to bring 100 of something to class.  The students showed rocks, pencils, hair bows, beads, stickers, beans, toys, etc.  I remember her having a lot of fun with it.
My kids are a little older, but we are going to celebrate our own hundredth day this year.  While I have never been opposed to doing it in the past, our school year tends to be more on the lackadaisical side, and I never knew just when we had done one hundred days!  This year, my record keeping method happens to lend itself to day-counting a little better, and I realized day 100 was fast approaching.  So I thought, “Why not?”
I haven’t figured out all that we will do to mark this day, but I am looking forward to doing something new.  So, have you ever honored the hundredth day?  What did you do?

No comments: