Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Blog Writing Program

Do you ever feel that there is always something new around the corner?  I sure do.  Sometimes it is overwhelming.  Sometimes, just when I feel like I have mastered something and can take a breath, I realize everything I know is obsolete.  That is a hard pill to swallow.  Other times, blessedly, it is just exciting.  I embrace those times.

 
Right now I am using a new-to-me blog writing program that was recommended to me by a friend.  I am excited to learn new things, and I don’t think I have ever learned as much as I have while working for KidsROCK!
 
I am thankful to friends who patiently wait on me as I figure out new things and try to gain new skills.  My husband jokes about my marketability.  I have learned much more in the years of homeschooling than I did in my years of college.
 
It is an established truth for kids that they learn through play.  I don’t know why adults have to be any different!  When I am having fun, I know I am willing to stick with a task for a longer period of time, I am more patient with my mistakes and I’m even more willing to take a risk.  I guess I feel that the fun makes a total loss still worth my time.

 
So, here I get to play with a new program!  Quality matters, and I do want to do what I do in a worthwhile manner, so I am very thankful to my friend for showing me there is a better way to do this.  I hope you enjoy watching as I learn.

00407058
Check out my tilted picture with popped color!  New tricks already!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you going to give the title of the program? or just tease everyone?

KidsROCK Academy said...

I hadn't even thought about it. I work so hard to keep things vague for the privacy of people, that it hadn't occurred to me to get specific about the program. It is Microsoft Live Writer. I do like it, but I haven't figured it all out just yet.
Totally breaking with my M.O., I went on an on about iPods and iTouches on my personal blog. lol

Julie said...

Wow! I didn't know you could tilt pictures in Live Writer! I can't wait to see what else you can teach me about it!!!

KidsROCK Academy said...

LOL I am so glad you told me about it. It doesn't always look the way I think it will. I can't seem to get rid of the huge gap on the hassle free schooling post. But I will learn as a go! :)