Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lego Club

Boys are fun.  They have great imaginations and I love watching them work together as they build.  Of course, Lego isn't just for boys.  The girls--mine, especially--can and do join in.  But girls are special, too, and when they get together they seem to prefer the girl room where they color or play with clay (and occasionally climb out the window!).

So Lego Club is mostly for the boys, and I really enjoy seeing them just get to be boys together.  Lately they have been coming up with some terrific missions which have stretched each of them to try new things.  I love the ingenuity they use to take the same blocks each week to make entirely new creations. 

And their conversations!  It is delightful to listen in on them.  Sometimes I see such integrity and manly relationships developing when they respectfully steer conversations to avoid verboten (by a parent) topics.  Sometimes I see the bravado and friendly oneupmanship that challenges them beyond the familiar.  And I always see the coolest brick creations that reveal minds that are a wonder to me!

No comments: