Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Give it a Try

Blogging is new to me.  I am not completely sold on it.  It feels both very public and quite lonely.  I am not particularly faithful in anything worthwhile, so it is another reason to resist the practice.  I mean who wants to put on display one of her biggest faults?

But today I was reading my personal blog.  I was reading posts I'd written about a year ago.  I'm a little ashamed of the misspellings!  I'm not sure anyone will ever read them, but I have to say it was kind of fun for me to review.  I was able to remember things I don't think I would have otherwise.  I could see how things have changed--and how they have not!  I surprised myself with my own boldness and passion.  And I was given a healthy couple of reminders about the need to pray and trust the Lord in all things.

I don't know if blogging is for everyone, but journaling or record keeping is an unexpected blessing for me.  It is wonderful to read of past blessings and trials.  It is a comfort to see the continuity of the Spirit's presence.  Things that were so important or imposing at that time now seem less so.  I hope to remember that next time I see a mountain looming on my path.

So, if you keep a diary, good for you!  If you have considered blogging, let me encourage you to give it a try!  Maybe you will bless someone else with some companionable laughs, empathetic tears or the peace that comes from knowing we aren't alone.

2 comments:

Words2Bless said...

I so agree with your ideas. Blogging to me is to share a little bit of me with the one who might wander across it and be blessed. We don't remember things very well and going back and reading what has been written, what promises have been made, what trials we made it through; those are the things that remind us of the faithfulness of God in all situations. Leola

KidsROCK Academy said...

Yes! I pray my little thoughts do help someone, but I know that they are helping me. I live a little more reflectively, with my mind rising above whatever present chaos may be presiding. That alone is worth it for this gal who can get swept away in storms. :)