Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Has it Been Three Days?

The weekend just flew by!  And for me, the traditional weekend isn't even the weekend.  Our work week runs from Thursday to Monday and so our week flew by.  My daughter got sick, then got better, but I wanted to play it safe and keep her quiet a day or so longer.  She resisted that with flourish! 

Yesterday was the first day I allowed for her to be 'well.'  Oh, my!  She spent the energy of three bed days all before 8 am.  I have never seen anyone so excited to be healthy before.  She ran and skipped everywhere she went just because she could.  Her joy was unmatched, but also contagious.

One of our often-sung family songs is, "This is the Day the Lord Has Made." (I will rejoice and be glad in it.)  My daughter lived and breathed that sentiment yesterday.  I can imagine that her joyful thanksgiving was sweet smelling to our Father.  It was a good reminder to me to rejoice in all things, be thankful for all things, and to give the day to Him.

I am blessed to have children spell out the lessons from Scripture.  I must be a slow learner to need all the real life demonstrations, but I can't count how many times a light bulb has flashed when watching the simplicity and honesty of my children.  They are a gift, in more ways then one.

Perhaps you are able to read the Word, understand it and assimilate it without any leading.  But if you are slow like I am, I hope that you are able to see Truth and eternally when you watch your kids, too. 

No comments: