Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

This is your brain

Core 5 school 001To demonstrate that the fluid between our skulls and our brains provides a very necessary cushion, we ran around the house with a raw egg in a sealed bowl, then again with a raw egg in a sealed bowl filled with water.  I love when a simple demonstration is available to drive home a lesson.
How blessed are we to have a God who so wisely made our bodies!  He knew the strain under which they would need to perform, and created us with safeguards and the ability to heal. 
And He is so much more interested in our souls.  We need cushioning there, as well.  We get knocked around and need something that will soften the blow.  It could be friends, family, or the comfort of routine.
Where do you find cushioning?  How do you stand back up after getting knocked down?

2 comments:

Words2Bless said...

I believe in bearing one anothers burdens. So, when I need cushioning I turn to another who has been there or is in the midst of the battle. Our God is one I can always count on for comfort, strength and answers to those tough questions

KidsROCK Academy said...

Awe, amen, sister!