Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Negative Talk

Do you struggle with inner voices who aren’t so kind?  Voices that lead to self doubt?  I do.  I criticize myself endlessly, critiquing my own efforts and coming up short.  I fear I am doing the wrong thing, or the right thing in the wrong way. 

All this can paralyze me.  I am mired in fear, doubt and a not-too-fondness of myself.  When this happens in regards to schooling my kids, it is tough.  The cycle of trying, failing, and cursing myself for it affects my kids, whom I am trying to train in the way they should go!  I sure don’t want them following me!

Goodness, it is destructive!  And I have to remember that anything that destroys good is at war with the new creation that is me.  I don’t have to accept it.  I don’t have to believe it.  I renounce it.

Do you ever get fooled by the liar?  How do you deal with tough days?  What do you do to hear the still small voice over the storms of life?

No comments: