Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Science!

We are studying Anatomy and Physiology this year for science.  The program we use is such a good match for our family.  When I found it, I felt like I had come home, and I no longer worry about competitively equipping my kids for college in this subject. 

We opened the year with a little history, beginning with Egyptians.  So cool, because we are also studying sailing and that book began with the Egyptians, too.  

Our first project was to mummify apples.  How cool is that?  Fun project, visual, tactile but not really asking a whole lot of time, space or supplies from me.  Love it!!

October 2010 011 My son threw a little art in by peeling a face into his apple.

 

October 2010 012

My daughter, not to be left out, peeled the silhouette of a puppy.  ‘Woof.’

October 2010 014

They are covering one apple with salt and baking soda.  A stereotypical homeschool family can’t be stereotypical without doing school in pjs! 

No comments: