Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Autumn’s Breath

Autumn is my most favorite season.  I think the marks of the season that most stand out for me are the colors and the cooler temperatures.  But there is so much more to it.Burney Falls, )oct 2010 052

In  my mind, it is a time for outdoor walking.  I don’t personally do well out in the heat of summer, so when autumn comes, I feel this burst of energy because I am finally free to get outside.  In addition, my memories of walking with my grandparents and cousins always include wading through the piles of leaves on the side of the road.Burney Falls, )oct 2010 054

Autumn also seems to mark the time families and friends make more time for one another.  Summer vacation is over, holidays are approaching and I experience families reaching out and reconnecting this time of year.Burney Falls, )oct 2010 058

Those warm feelings, coupled with bundled bodies walking through fiery colors just fills my heart with expectant joy.  Add to that the scents of the season and it is perfection!  Chili, soups, homemade breads, and pumpkin everything; this is even a mouthwatering season!Burney Falls, )oct 2010 085

Today we were blessed to get out and celebrate creation in autumn with some cherished friends.  I immensely enjoyed the whisper of the wind, bringing back to mind memories from my childhood.  While old pictures played through my mind’s eye, before me I watched my own kids skipping, running and climbing their way along the trails.  I find it magical when the past, present and future all press in to be close at the same time.  It was just a wonderful, wonderful day!

No comments: