Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Personality

I just got back from my daughter’s dance class that has a whole slew of KidsROCKers in it.  At first glance, there are about ten girls ranging from teeny to svelte moving around the dance floor in an almost-pattern.

But then grab a spot on the worn-carpeted bleachers and really watch.  It takes less than a minute to begin seeing the unique individuality of each of these young dancers.  Some are silly, some talented, some gleeful in their every move.  All are delightful.  Their teacher is so very kind, encouraging the expression of personalities.  Each girl so clearly feels special and important, no matter how big the crowd of ‘pretty arms’ in their midst.

October  4 2010 021I am so blessed to be able to hang around these homeschool families and to get to know the personalities budding all around me.  Yesterday I had the son of an electrician in my home for Club PALS.  He managed to grab all the hole punches he could find and slip them into his pockets.  An instant ‘tool man,’ so proud.October  4 2010 022

 

 

How wonderful it is to let these kids be kids.  They pretend, experiment and play with as little self-awareness as possible.  The freedom to develop unimpeded by the pressures to conform is priceless, and I am endlessly thankful to be a witness to it in so many young families.

No comments: