Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year Coming

Tomorrow is the last day of 2010!  Wow, does time fly!  Today is the 15 year anniversary of the day I first met my husband.  Remembering that special day and the months that followed rekindles the love and wonder for both my husband and our Lord.  The fact that we met at the end of the year doubles the call to reflect and review the past for me.

How was your 2010?  Anything eventful happen?  Achievements, significant changes and losses usually mark time.  Have you experienced any of these this year?

My grandfather passed away this year.  As sorrowful as the loss was, my little family was blessed by the time spent with my extended family.  It helped me reconnect with cousins and remember how important family is.

Early in the year we finished a school session studying World History.  We began a whirlwind school year studying US History that ended in fall.  Then we began our current school year studying the East.

That is just the academic side of our year.  It plays a big part of our life, so it matters, but there is more.  This year my kids both began growing by leaps and bounds.  Physically, emotionally and in every other way.  It has been exciting to watch them develop into a young lady and young gentleman.

KidsROCK Academy, too, has had a good year.  Hikes, tours, classes, mom times, Club PALS… I have been blessed by the activities and the time spent with friends.

So, how about you?

No comments: