Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

KidsROCK Christmas Around the World

Usually I am the sole contributor to this blog, but it really is a blog representing many families.  So when someone sent in reviews of the Drama class to be posted, I got so excited.  As long as the submissions continue to come in, I will continue to post them in place of my own reviews of our activities! 
Oh yeah!  The Christmas Party!  Well, first we all sat down and waited for (some friends), then (our host) told us to go to the door.  She opened the door and there were (our friends) and they sang and invited us to join along.  We sat back down and they told us about England.  Then they handed us these crackers.  We crossed our arms and pulled on the really hard and inside were two mints and a joke and a crown.  After that it was our turn.  (My brother) held up a poster of Santa surfing.  I held it while (he) read.  Then he passed the paper around so Mommy, Daddy and I could read.  Then it was (our other friends’) turn.  Then we got to eat!  There were cookies and brownies and more cookies and bowls of pretzels, graham crackers and salad.  After that we all went home.  And I had so much fun! ~~Madi, age 9
I enjoyed the presentations.  There are lots of different traditions for Christmas all over the world.  My favorite part was the crackers (from England). 
But soon all of our energy got us all outside.  We all played together races, football and a soccer ball getting kicked across the street! 
I’m really glad (our host) was able to open up her home for this.  Also all the food was great'; I tried everything!
~~Max, age 11

No comments: