Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My son is brilliant!

I am so stinking proud of my boy.  I woke up on our last weekend morning to the usual: my girl was enjoying morning TV that she gets on our weekends and my son was on my computer writing.  Or so I thought. 

After good-morning greetings, he asked me to check out what he had done on the computer.  I figured a new book was in the works as I headed over to see his latest work.  As I watched, I stood with my jaw slack in wonder.

My son made a movie!  A stop action movie made in Power Point with shapes used to tell the story.  He uses humor to tell a story of this little alien guy who enters a soap-box car race.  It is short, but cute and packed with technique I didn’t know he had and personality I did.

I went straight to my big sister, busting with pride. I was confident that she gets the whole love-my-boy deal because she has one of the most special boys out there. 

It is awesome to have people in life on whom we can rely.  Not just for emergencies or hard times, but every day.  It is a gift more valuable than gold to have people who care enough to stop what they are doing to be part of your tiny celebrations.

Do you have people who’ll be there for you?  I am not talking about the bad stuff.  Perhaps I am deluded, but I think I have a solid thirty people I can call on for help if I absolutely needed it.  The list of people I can call for no reason at all is considerably shorter.   So, who do you call for the small things?  Do you have community? 

P.S. If you want to see my son’s movie, you may contact me and I can email it to you.  He has made several more in the continuing saga of Cartz, the little alien, and is making one with his sister with different characters, all with more tricks to enhance the story than the last.

No comments: