Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Art History –Norman Rockwell

I liked when I picked water and we had to make an ad for it. I'm excited, can't wait for the next one. ~~Nathan 6
I loved it a lot!~~Megan, age 8
Well, first we all sat down and we looked at these pictures.  (Our teacher) told us about this man, Norman Rockwell.  And then we went to do some art.  First I went into the kitchen and I painted a Christmas card for my cousins.  And then I went on over to pose for a picture.  And then I went on over and I did an advertisement.  Then I went over and sat by my mom and asked if I could pose for another picture.  She said other kids haven’t done one yet, so I should wait.  Then (a friend) came by and my mom asked her what she was doing.  She said she was looking for a partner to pose with.  I got to do it.  I had fun in the class.  Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of fun!  ~~Madi, age 9
My favorite part was the ads. I am really excited for the next one!~~Trenton, age 10
We learned that Norman Rockwell was an illustrator and we did some things similar to what he did.  We drew advertisements with colored pencils and we made Christmas cards.  And my favorite part was when everyone got all dressed up and made a little scene and took a picture of it to copy some of the things that Norman Rockwell drew.  I had fun! ~~Max, age 11

1 comment:

Words2Bless said...

SO WAY COOL. I LOVED THE PHOTOS.