Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Calling all Box Tops!

My kids reveal in stories how crazy their mother is for Box Tops.  If you are unsure of what Box Tops are, you can check out their website for details.  In short, they offer special deals for schools to earn money.  You can clip the little coupons off of all sorts of products, (Big G Cereals, Pillsbury refrigerated items, Viva paper towels, and Kleenex, to name a few.) and the school coordinator mails them in for 10 cents a box top.  They also have online promotions, coupons, and other bonuses that all benefit the school of your choice.  It is a neat program, and I recommend everyone find a school to support.boxtops-logo

KidsROCK Academy is not a real money maker.  We want to provide the support that homeschoolers need and the enrichment that can make homeschooling fun, but so much costs money!  That is where our few fundraisers can help make a difference.

Anyhow, my kids tell people about how I almost went into someone’s trash while taking a walk because I saw a box of diapers that I just knew would have Box Tops on it.  My daughter’s favorite is when I let the kids choose their own cereal at the store but told them no dessert cereals.  She asked for Lucky Charms.  Hello?  That qualifies as dessert!  She triumphed when she showed me the three Box Tops on the cover. 

My husband joins the fun by telling about how scary I am when I jump at our own trash, saving our ten cent gems.

So, I am a little crazy.  I have no defense, other than loving KidsROCK enough to make a spectacle of myself. 

Today for fun (I mentioned the crazy?) we snipped and peeled all the excess from the Box Tops we have.  We weighed the trimmed Box Tops and then weighed the trash.  Not bad!  Trying to save on postage is just another way I have become a fanatic about penny pinching for homeschool support and enrichment!

If you have any Box Tops on the product you buy, please take the time to show love to the crazies in your life by clipping a Box Top.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I buy things because they have double box tops. I have an addressed envelope that I put them in when I get them removed before someone else recycles the box. :) I think I lost 4 that were on some brownie mix last week. :(

KidsROCK Academy said...

It blesses me that I have sisters and friends who bother to even notice box tops for my sake. :)