Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Friday, March 25, 2011

International Waffle Day

Oh, man!  This one is right up my alley, baby!  I love waffle days!  What?  You don’t do waffle days?  Oh.  Well, see…  It is because it takes SO LONG to make waffles, I figure if I am going to do it, I am going to REALLY do it.  I double the recipe and make a ton with my little waffle iron.  A ton multiplied by six minutes per waffle is all day, you know.  So we all eat ‘real breakfast,’ trying to get it some protein.  Then I start on the waffles!  I don’t do this on school days, so I probably slept in, and we already ate breakfast so waffles become lunch.  Then after clean up, bagging and freezing the waffles, I am too tired to make dinner, so we pull out the frozen ones and put peanut butter on them and eat them for dinner, too. 

So…it isn’t such a healthy day.  Maybe I shared too much?  It’s a good thing waffle days are so rare ‘round here, huh?

No comments: