Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Everything You Do Is Right Day

This is an interesting one.  Today is Everything You Do Is Right Day, according to my funny little calendar.  What an excellent opportunity to heap praise on the people around us! 

This may sound trivial, but I am a member of Netflix and I watch movies streamed through my Wii.  After I view a movie, I always get an email asking about the quality of the picture.  I delete them without a second thought.  But, occasionally, the picture isn’t so great, and I make a mental note to answer that survey!

Do you have a tendency to fix the wrong, and let go the right?  I do.  I expect good behavior from my kids, so I tend to let it go un-praised sometimes.  My reasoning includes the fact that there is no call for me to praise using the toilet properly past the age of, say, five!  Right?

But I love praise.  A pat on the back does wonders for my soul.  It motivates me to keep on keeping on.  Mothering is one of those famously thankless jobs, and a sincere word of thanks is a cherished jewel.

So, today, Everything You Do Is Right!  Well done!  Good job!!  Keep it up!!  You are great!  Go give the kids a hug and tell them the same. 

No comments: