Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Taxes are Done!

KidsROCK has always been so very special to me.  The Lord has blessed us with all we have needed to minister to homeschooling families, and for that I am grateful.  I can say in all honesty the money doesn’t matter.  If I had my way, in fact, all activities would be free and we would supply support and enrichment to communities all over the country!

On paper, however, KidsROCK is a failing business.  It wouldn’t be a business at all if it weren’t for our small fundraisers that require a checking account into which we can make deposits to ‘an entity,’ rather than an individual.

One of the blessings of coming up red is that it helps my personal taxes.  The year 2010 was actually the last year in which this little business was legally allowed to fail and still qualify as a business.  Imagine my surprise when I plugged in all the endless numbers and discovered that were were only barely in the red!  That may not sound like much, but it is a huge improvement from years past.

It is neat to see KidsROCK truly become something of its own, made up of the many families who care and contribute.  Maybe it didn’t do my personal finances any good this year, but it blessed my heart to see this fledgling reveal a glimmer of financial possibility.

No comments: