Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Calendar Time!

It's that time of year again: calendar making!  Every quarter KidsROCK produces a new calendar outfitted with classes, tours and events.

To schedule these activities up to five months in advance is no easy task.  Just getting local businesses to return calls at times feels like an act of God.  (I can hear our past and present tour coordinators shouting AMEN.)  Add to that coordinating dates around members' needs, holidays and city events, and you can imagine that the whole procedure is a very intricate dance, my friend.  An intricate dance indded!

Now I have to say that I am blessed to only have to watch the fancy footwork.  I may have front row seating, but it is really our brave V.P. who is doing all the work.

And I can't even claim to make it any easier on her.  I'm guilty of tossing out "great" ideas at the eleventh hour and delaying my date choices for they activities I lead.  And she always tolerates me with the gracious patience of a saint.  God bless her!

If you want to see the results of the latest command performance, come to our Quarterly Meeting on August 2.  At the meeting you can also buy a bag of school supplies for $5!  You can register here by August 1.  Otherwise check out the wesbite after August 4. 

No comments: