Welcome!

Welcome to the KidsROCK Academy blog. This is a place of encouragement and inspiration. I am not an expert in all things, so I am eager to hear from those with different perspectives. Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comment lines.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Secret Keeper Girl

This summer KidsROCK started a very neat club. It is called the Secret Keeper Girl Club. We use DannahGresh's kit to go on 8 dates with our girls to teach them the delicate art of modesty. On top of that, we meet 6 times through the summer to share in time designed to make both mother and daughter special. So far we have had two tea parties, a spa day and a game day. Coming up is time for crafting, scrap booking and dress up. I'm so excited, and so is my daughter.

My girl has seen this kit on my bookshelf for years now. We've always treasured our 'Mommy and Me Time.' She really wanted to use this book next. But...eight dates felt like such a big commitment, I knew I would need some reinforcements. Praise the Lord for the wonderful friends we've made through KidsROCK. I knew right where to go!

Today was gathering number four--only two more to go! I will be so sad to miss out on this regular time with moms striving alongside me to our girls how very special they are. Today we played Guesstures--moms against daughters! We beat those little chicks, but they may call for a rematch when they think about the girlfriends who were missing.

This is the first time we let the girls run to play while moms had some quiet talk time about the issues the kit raised regarding the various aspects of Godly modesty. We also got to do a little brainstorming for the dates and gatherings to come.

The time just flies when we get together, and I am always surprised to see two hours gone. Thanks, Secret Keepers, for your time and good cheer! See you in two weeks!

No comments: